Employment Law Counseling for NY and NJ Business Owners
Managing day-to-day employee related issues can be overwhelming and complex; it can also expose employers to legal liability. With the constant change in state and federal employment laws, regulations, trends, and conflicting court decisions, employers and human resource professionals are in greater need of legal counsel to manage many day-to-day employee related issues to ensure they don’t run afoul of employment laws.
Partner Deena B. Rosendahl heads up KSL’s counseling and training division with one goal in mind: provide business owners with practical solutions which align the employer’s business goal with legal compliance.
Employment and HR Counseling Services in New York and New Jersey
KSL provides day-to-day employment and HR counseling in all areas of employee relations including but not limited to:
- Reviewing employee requests for FMLA and managing absences associated with an FMLA leave;
- Advising management on approving, denying, and ending leaves of absences associated with short term disability, worker’s compensation, New Jersey Paid sick leave, and other leaves of absences;
- Advising employers on employee return to work issues following a leave of absence;
- Drafting and Reviewing Sexual Harassment policies to ensure compliance with New York State and New Jersey law;
- Advising employers on reasonable accommodations and the interactive process required by law;
- Responding to informal and formal internal complaints of harassment/discrimination/retaliation;
- Conducting internal investigations in response to claims of harassment and discrimination;
- Advising employers on proper classification of workers (exempt, non-exempt, and independent contractor);
- Permissible interview questions and hiring decisions.
Contact Partner Deena B. Rosendahl at 201-947-8855 or Drosendahl@Northjerseyattorneys.com to learn how to minimize your risk as an employer and ensure compliance with all legislation in New York and New Jersey.