Justin D. Santagata Esq.
Justin Santagata joined Kaufman Semeraro & Leibman, LLP as an associate in 2009. Mr. Santagata has extensive experience in complex commercial and civil litigation, including complaints in lieu of prerogative writs, civil rights actions, labor and employment law and administrative law. He also has extensive appellate experience; he has submitted briefs to New Jersey’s Appellate Division and Supreme Court, the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice
- State and Federal Litigation
- State Election Law
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Employment Law
- New Jersey Civil Service Law
- Administrative Law
- New Jersey Appellate Practice and Federal Criminal Appeals
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Bergen County Bar Association
- Federal District of New Jersey
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
Education and Previous Professional Experience
- J.D., Catholic University
- B.A., George Washington University
- Awarded the Papps Labor Law Fellowship by Catholic University’s Columbus School of Law
- Law clerk at Mooney Green Baker & Saindon LLP, Washington, D.C.
- Law clerk to the Honorable Valerie Armstrong, A.J.S.C, New Jersey Superior Court, Cape May/Atlantic County Vicinage (Atlantic City, New Jersey)
- Third Circuit Pro Bono Counsel List