John N. Visconi served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Arnold B. Goldman, J.S.C., in Ocean County, New Jersey, after graduating law school in 2010. Prior to joining the firm, John was engaged in private practice litigating complex commercial disputes and representing local government entities, including a four-year stay at an AM Law 200 law firm.
John’s practice includes a focus on complex commercial litigation at the state and federal levels. He has successfully litigated claims in the following areas of law: land use, commercial litigation, employment litigation, and civil rights litigation.
John has represented more than a dozen municipal and state public entities in various capacities as general counsel and special litigation counsel.
In addition, John focuses on the storage, preservation, and production of electronically stored information, and has taught legal education seminars on e-discovery practice in light of new federal rules of procedure and on emerging issues regarding the New Jersey Open Public Records Act in the digital age.
Areas of Practice
Commercial Litigation, Civil Rights Litigation, Employment Law, Land Use Law, Local Government Law, Insurance Defense, and Campaign Finance Regulation.
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court (New Jersey, Southern District of New York, Eastern District of New York)
- U.S. Court of Appeals (Third Circuit)
- Certified as a New Jersey Local Government Lawyer
- J.D., Rutgers School of Law, Newark, NJ
- B.A., University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Hudson County Bar Association
- NJILGA (New Jersey Instituted of Local Government Attorneys)